Standardized Project Management in the IT Services Sector Seidor Consulting Case study
Seidor Consulting is a multinational technology consulting company that provides a wide range of services including application development and maintenance, infrastructures, and IT outsourcing.
Seidor operates in 38 countries, having 81 offices in Europe, LATAM, the USA, Middle East, Africa, and Asia. With more than 5400 professionals and more than 8500 customers, in the 6th IT services company in Spain* and the 1st with 100% Spanish private capital. (*Source: Ranking Empresas sector TIC, ChannelPartner 2020)
Previously to have Easy Project, Seidor was using MS Project and other different tools. The wide range of tools available generates a problem to have a common and clear picture of the project's status. On the other hand, the license costs were high because of the monthly cost by a user and the number of users.
The main points of the tender documentation, what was expected from the solution, what challenges needed to be overcome:
- Standardization of the project management work with only one tool
- Standardization of the project work using project templates
- More control of the status of the projects, including estimated and spent time
- Cost reduction
- Availability of the information to all team members
- Better communication
- Better risk control
- Better reporting about the project status
- Resource management
- The tool has to allow the different project, task and milestone types, as we are covering a wide range of solutions.
- Team members have to be able to update the task status and progress, but not the planificaction.
- Customers have to be able to interact with controlled permissions.
- We have to be able to define different permissions by role in each project and have workflows.
- All the behavior that a project management tool should have: dependencies, assignments, calendar, reporting, be able to export the project.
- LDAP authentication
- When a task is updated, it should raise a notification.
- Synchronization with SAP